Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Suri

Of course we all know there are two types of Alpacas.
Huacaya and Suri
Huacaya are the ones we see more of, but the beautiful SURI, can never be forgotten.
Although both are same in temperment, and other features, the SURI, fibre is very different to the huacaya.
I see them like a curtain of silk, especially when they run.
there really is something to see a beautiful suri in his full fleece, when they frolick around the paddock, and this beautiful curtain of fleece as it flows like coral on a sea floor.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cotswold Vale Alpacas said...

I love Suri's, I breed both huacaya and Suri, but like you say when they move and run the fleece is amazing.

I love the photo, is it a black Suri? I have white and dark fawn suri's, and would love a black one.

Ginnie
Cotswold Vale Alpacas (UK)